PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Irina Taneva Iri IR is registered as a Sole Trader in England, trading as Irina Taneva, owns and operates the Website https://irinataneva.com/. Irina Taneva Iri IR (“she”, “her”, “artist”) is an artist, designer, art and design teacher, and organiser of classes and workshops.
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data may be collected about you when you interact with the artist. It also explains how she’ll store, handle that data and keep it safe.
2. Explaining the legal basis
The General Data Protection Regulations sets out a number of different reasons for which your personal data may be collected and processed, including:
In specific situations, the artist can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, she’ll make clear to you, which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, your personal data is needed to comply with her contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from the artist for home delivery, she’ll collect your address details and pass them to a courier.
If the law requires her to, she may need to collect and process your data. For example, she can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the artist to law enforcement.
In specific situations, the artist may use your data to pursue her legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running her business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, she might use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
3. When is your personal data collected?
- When you purchase a product or service.
- When you engage with the artist on social media.
- When you contact the artist by any means with queries, bookings, complaints etc.
4. What sort of personal data may be collected?
- Your name, email, telephone number, delivery address.
- Details of your interactions with the artist through social media.
- Bank details when an invoice is issued, or for processing a refund.
- Your social media username and details of your interactions, if you interact with her through those channels, to help her respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
For example: notes from the chats with you about bookings, requests, cancellations, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made. This helps the artist to provide you with the best service and to understand how she can improve her service based on your experience.
5. How and why is your personal data used?
Irina Taneva wants to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to use your data to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of her legitimate interest in understanding her customers and providing the highest levels of service. Of course, if you wish to change how she uses your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Here’s how she’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by text, e-mail, phone call or mutual request, and when you request a delivery. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to deliver the product or service that you ordered.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you send enables her to respond.
- With your consent, she will use your personal data and preferences to keep you informed by email, text, telephone and through social media posts, about relevant products and services including new collections, new classes, new workshops, exhibition and other events, blog stories, sales, and so on.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from the artist by any of these channels at any time.
6. How is your personal data protected?
To protect your personal data, the artist takes reasonable precautions and follows industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
7. How long will your personal data be kept?
Whenever your personal data is collected or processed, it’ll be only kept for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted completely.
8. Who is your personal data shared with?
Your personal data may be sometimes shared with trusted third parties that provide an integral part of the service that the artist provides to you and support her business operations. Examples of the kind of third parties are:
- IT companies who support her website and her business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers like Royal mail, Parcelforce and DPD.
The artist may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of her customers into consideration.
The following companies may process your personal data:
- Royal Mail
Third-party service providers have their own privacy policies in respect to the information the artist is required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions and deliveries. For these providers, please read their privacy polices so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
9. What are your rights over your personal data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data is held about you.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and she has no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which she holds the data has come to an end.
- That she stops using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That she stops any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Irina Taneva holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact the artist at art@ irinataneva.com.
Whenever you have given her your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. To ask for withdrawing your consent, please contact the artist at art@ irinataneva.com.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. The artist must always comply with your request. To stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing, please contact the artist at art@ irinataneva.com.
The following types of cookies might be collected:
- Cookies for Basic Operations – This type of data sharing is necessary to make sure the website is secure and working properly.
- Cookies for Site Optimization – When enabled, you allow your behaviour to be monitored so the services on the website can be analysed and improved for all visitors.
- Cookies for Content Personalization – When enabled, you allow your preferences to be saved and personalized content to be delivered to you in future.
- Cookies for Ad Personalisation – When enabled, you allow data to be shared with advertising partners in future that build profiles about you across multiple websites.
This Cookies Policy may be modified in future. You can always find the latest version of this Policy on the website.
11. Disabling cookies on your web browser
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by amending or setting the controls on your browser. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to change your cookie settings, including how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, if you choose not to accept cookies some features of www.irinataneva.com website may not work. To find more information on cookies, please use your preferred search engine to provide you with the information you need.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated in April 2023.